Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
5-10 years of relevant experience required
Medical and Dental through Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN, Vision through Vision Service Plan (VSP), Short Term Disability through Principal, Long Term Disability through Principal, 401k
80 hours of Holiday/80 hours of Vacation/40 hours of Sick
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories (GTL) is a growing company headquartered in Tullahoma, TN looking for a design and/or manufacturing engineer to support the development of composite launch vehicle and spacecraft structure at our Murrieta, CA facility. Work includes exposure to export restricted materials and requires security clearance eligibility. Work eligibility confirmed by E-Verify. All job offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Conduct applied research on many different tasks/subtasks of government procurement contracts and internal research and development projects
- Perform engineering tasks to support the development of launch vehicles and their structural components including, but not limited to:
- Formulate conceptual designs of aerospace products and systems
- Design and fabricate tooling for composite structures and pressure vessels
- Develop design criteria for aerospace products and systems
- Evaluate designs for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and GTL quality standards
- Conduct experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes of aerospace systems or equipment
- Assist in writing technical reports or other documentation for use by engineering staff, management, and/or customers
- Support business development efforts such as writing proposals, meeting customers and identifying business opportunities
- Support GTL management as necessary
While the position will be focused on designing and fabricating composite launch vehicle components, GTL will consider all candidates with strong backgrounds as design and/or manufacturing engineers. However, the following experience is preferred:
- Experience in drafting and design. Must possess the ability to produce a set of clear, concise, manufacture-ready drawings
- Proficiency in Solidworks
- Experience in the technical writing of manufacturing instructions, standard operating procedures, test procedures, process specifications, etc.
- Experience related to the design and fabrication of composite structures, composite assemblies, and composite process tooling
- Experience in materials testing
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.