High School Diploma or Equivalent
0-5 years of relevant experience preferred
Medical and Dental through Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN, Vision through Vision Service Plan (VSP), Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance through Principal, 401k
80 hours of Holiday/80 hours of Vacation/40 hours of Sick
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories (GTL) is a growing Aerospace Engineering company developing high-performance liquid hydrogen storage systems which will enable a new class of aircraft and rocket systems. GTL is looking to fill an entry-level Composite Technician position to support the fabrication of the company’s novel composite structures at its Tullahoma, TN office.
Work includes exposure to export restricted materials and may require security clearance eligibility. Work eligibility confirmed by E-Verify. All job offers will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Perform tasks to assist in the manufacturing of composite tooling, panels, prototypes, and high-performance structural components. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Fabricating test samples, tooling, fixtures, molds, and test equipment
- Assisting with overall prototype fabrication including:
- Preparing molds
- Assisting in the lay-up of composite materials to molds
- Post-processing components and documenting the fabrication process
- Repairing or refurbishing prototypes and components as needed
- Assist with load, burst, and cycle testing of composite structures and the preparation of test articles such as installing strain gauges
- Maintaining machines including repairing or replacing defective parts as needed
- Documentation of procedures and processes used
Since GTL offers such a diverse line of products and services, candidates are expected to be flexible and comfortable working on multiple assignments with the varying subject matter. Attention to detail and the ability to perform precision fabrication tasks is essential.
The ideal candidate would have the following preferred skills and experience:
- Experience working with composite materials
- Experience operating a variety of hand tools and machinery
- Experience operating a ply cutting machine, CNC machinery, 3D printing, and CAD and CAM.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and designs
- Experience in cryogenic testing, LOX compatibility handling, and propulsion system requirements
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.