High School Diploma or Equivalent
0-5 years of experience preferred
Medical and Dental through Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN, Vision through Vision Service Plan (VSP), Short Term Disability through Principal, Long Term Disability through Principal, 401k
80 hours of Holiday/80 hours of Vacation/40 hours of Sick
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories (GTL) is a growing Aerospace Engineering company looking to fill an entry-level Composite Technician position to support the fabrication of the company’s composite propellant tanks and structures at its Murrieta, CA office.
It is anticipated that the position will transition to GTL’s Tullahoma, TN office sometime within 1 to 3 years, so willingness to relocate is preferred.
Work includes exposure to export restricted materials and requires security clearance eligibility. Work eligibility confirmed by E-Verify. All job offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Perform tasks to assist in the manufacturing of composite tooling, panels, prototypes, and high-performance structural components. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Fabricating test samples, tooling, fixtures, molds, and
- Maintaining machines including repairing or replacing
defective parts as needed
- Assisting with overall prototype fabrication including:
- Preparing molds
- Repairing or refurbishing prototypes and components
- Assist with load, burst, and cycle testing of composite
- Documentation of procedures and processes used
Since GTL offers such a diverse line of products and services, candidates are expected to be flexible and comfortable working on multiple assignments with the varying subject matter. Attention to detail and the ability to perform precision fabrication tasks is essential.
The ideal candidate would have the following preferred skills and experience:
- Experience working with composite materials
- Experience operating a variety of hand tools and machinery
- Experience operating a ply cutting machine
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and designs
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.