Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s and PhD is a plus
0-5 years of relevant experience preferred
Medical and Dental through Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN, Vision through Vision Service Plan (VSP), Short Term Disability through Principal, Long Term Disability through Principal, 401k
80 hours of Holiday/80 hours of Vacation/40 hours of Sick
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories (GTL) is a growing company headquartered in Tullahoma, TN looking to fill aerospace/mechanical engineering positions to support the development of rocket engines, launch vehicles, and their components. Work includes exposure to export restricted materials and work eligibility confirmed by E-Verify. All job offers will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Conduct applied research on many different tasks/subtasks of government procurement contracts and internal research and development projects
- Perform engineering tasks to support the development of launch vehicles and their structural components including, but not limited to:
- Formulate conceptual designs of aerospace products and systems
- Develop design criteria for aerospace products and systems
- Evaluate designs for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, and GTL quality standards
- Conduct experimental, environmental, operational, or stress tests on models or prototypes of aerospace systems or equipment
- Assist in writing technical reports or other documentation for use by engineering staff, management, and/or customers
- Support business development efforts such as writing proposals, meeting customers and identifying business opportunities
- Support GTL management as necessary
Since GTL offers such a diverse line of products and services, candidates are expected to be flexible and comfortable working on multiple assignments with the varying subject matter. This includes creating a prototype all the way from the design stage to actually performing hands-on work and physically building the hardware and systems. Candidates should be comfortable working with both hand tools and power tools. The ideal candidate would have a broad background with the following additional experience preferred:
- Experience in testing of propulsion systems and aerospace components
- Experience in the design and manufacturing of propulsion systems, launch vehicles, aerospace components, and composite systems
- Experience with the application of electrical systems, control systems, sensors and transducers
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA), CFD, and fluid systems design and analysis
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Gloyer-Taylor Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.